Welcome back to Year Six!
We hope you have had a lovely, if not slightly unusual break and enjoyed the sunshine!
Your teacher this term will still be myself, Miss Lord.
Your teaching assistant will be Mrs Bellerby.
Let’s get ready for a great year!
Our PE day is a Tuesday! PE kits needed are needed every Tuesday. Kit is compulsory.
Homework this term:
Each week the children will be expected to:
1) Complete a piece of English and Maths homework related to the work they have been doing in class.
2) Log on to Times Tables Rocks Stars at least 3 times per week. If they do not have access to the internet then they can take a worksheet from class.
3) Complete their spelling homework. This will be given out every Friday and due in for the following Wednesday.
4) Read at least 3 times a week . The children have a list of comprehension question stems in the front of their reading record. In order to help your child develop their understanding of the text, please try to ask a few of these questions each time you hear them read. Please sign their reading record each time they read. Reading books and reading records should be brought to school each day.
5) The children will now be given a piece of values homework at certain learning together sessions. These will normally have a discussion focus and they will be required to share what they have produced in class.
If they are unsure on any pieces of homework, I will be available for support at all times.
Learning together is postponed for the time being. A text will be sent home to notify you when we will start learning together again.
You may have noticed some changes to the classroom over recent weeks. To promote a positive learning attitude, we have embarked on a journey to make the year six classroom a homely and comforting place with neutral colours and personal touches for the children. There is a lot of research that supports the idea that when children feel comfortable and at home, it promotes a more positive learning attitude.
Also, check out the links below for homework help and extra learning activities!
Any questions please contact me via Class Dojo or arrange to see me with the office,
Miss Lord and the year six team!